Tamina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tamara:
Tamara is a Russian cognate of the Hebrew Tamar (date palm, a palm tree). Tamar is borne in the Bible by the daughter-in-law of Judah and mother of his twin sons, and by King David's daughter who was raped by Amnon her half brother.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamina
- Comments and insights on the name Tamina
- Personal experiences with the name Tamina
- Nicknames for Tamina
- Meanings and history of the name Tamina
Feminine form of the German name Tamino.
- Famous real-life people named Tamina
- Tamina in song, story & screen
Princess Tamina, fictional character portrayed by Gemma Arterton in the film Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.