Sofiya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sofiya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sofiya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sofiya
- Comments and insights on the name Sofiya
- Personal experiences with the name Sofiya
- Nicknames for Sofiya
my name is sofiya and my friends always call me fifi, fia or just sofiya ;)
- Meanings and history of the name Sofiya
- Famous real-life people named Sofiya
- Sofiya in song, story & screen