Skye Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Skye:
Taken from sky, which denotes the upper atmosphere
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Skye? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Skye
- English and Welsh Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England and Wales (2013)
- English Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England, 2010
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland, 2011
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland for 2012
- Scottish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Scotland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Skye
- Comments and insights on the name Skye
- Personal experiences with the name Skye
- Nicknames for Skye
Skye Bird - Skybird (if your daughter eats like a bird)
Skye can actually be a nickname itself. My name is Schuyler and my nickname is Skye.
- Meanings and history of the name Skye
Isle of Skye in Scotland. It means "sheltering".
- Famous real-life people named Skye
Skye Alexandra Sweetnam, Canadian singer
Skye Bella Schlopy (b. 2006), daughter of American former competition swimmer and Olympic champion Summer Sanders
Skye Ava Perry (b.1961), Canadian director of mental health for children youth and families in BC.
- Skye in song, story & screen
Skye Chandler Quartermaine, character on All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital
Skye, character on the TV show Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Skye Penderwick from Jeanne Birdsall's bestselling series, The Penderwicks