Shae Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shae:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name. Var: Shea, Shey.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shae? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shae
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shae
- Comments and insights on the name Shae
- Personal experiences with the name Shae
- Nicknames for Shae
- Meanings and history of the name Shae
- Famous real-life people named Shae
- Shae in song, story & screen
Shae, character in HBO's Game of Thrones, an adaptation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels