Patience Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Patience:
Taken from patience (waiting without complaint, forebearance, calm endurance), which is derived from the Latin pati (to suffer).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Patience? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Patience
Contribute your knowledge to the name Patience
- Comments and insights on the name Patience
- Personal experiences with the name Patience
- Nicknames for Patience
Pat, Patty, Paish, Paishey, Pae pay-pay :)
- Meanings and history of the name Patience
- Famous real-life people named Patience
There is a Saint Patience whose feast day April 9
Patience Mudeka (singer)
- Patience in song, story & screen
"Patience" by Guns N' Roses
Patience,reincarnation of Prudence Halliwell in the comic book adaptation "Charmed".
Patience May from The Little House series