Ngaire Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ngaire? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ngaire
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ngaire
- Comments and insights on the name Ngaire
- Personal experiences with the name Ngaire
- Nicknames for Ngaire
People call me ny ny, nidge, ni-ree, noo-ree, nah-ree its all gud because nothin really insulting rhymes with ngaire so its not like you can get teased.
- Meanings and history of the name Ngaire
This name has many meanings -
* silver fern
* little flower
* little heart-shaped flower
* little white flower
* little flower of the swamp
* little white flower that grows in a bog
The idea with the last two meanings listed is saying that even somewhere awful, something really pretty can grow.
See the Anglicised version of this name - 'Nyree' for more information.
- Famous real-life people named Ngaire
Ngaire Dawn PORTER. New Zealand born, British stage and screen actress. Changed her name to Nyree for practicalities sake
- Ngaire in song, story & screen
The New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune has a character called Ngaire.
- 'Ngaire' is a song by 'The Mutton Birds', from their 1993 album entitled 'Salty'