Maryn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marin:
German variant of Maria, the Latin form of Mary, which is derived from the Hebrew Miryām (sea of bitterness, sea of sorrow). There is much debate over the meaning of the name, however. While "sea of bitterness or sorrow" seems to be the most probable, some sources give the alternative definitions of "rebellion," "wished-for child," and "mistress or lady of the sea."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maryn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maryn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maryn
- Comments and insights on the name Maryn
- Personal experiences with the name Maryn
- Nicknames for Maryn
Mar, pronounced 'mare'.
Ryn, pronounced 'rin'.
- Meanings and history of the name Maryn
- Famous real-life people named Maryn
- Maryn in song, story & screen