Marianna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Marianna:
A name that originated as an extended spelling of Marian, a variant of Marion which is a French diminutive form of Marie, a cognate of Mary. It is now used as a hybrid, combining the names Mary and Anne. Var: Mariann, Marianne, Mary Ann, Mary Anna, Mary Anne.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Marianna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Marianna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Marianna
- Comments and insights on the name Marianna
- Personal experiences with the name Marianna
- Nicknames for Marianna
Mary, Marie, Maria, MaryAnn, Virgin Mary
- Meanings and history of the name Marianna
- Famous real-life people named Marianna
- Marianna in song, story & screen
Wave of Mutilation, by the Pixies