Leni Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lena:
A short form of Magdalena (of Magdala, a town on the Sea of Galilee).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leni? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leni
- Comments and insights on the name Leni
- Personal experiences with the name Leni
- Nicknames for Leni
Leni, itself, can be a nickname for Helene or Helena.
- Meanings and history of the name Leni
German short form of Magdalene.
Also from a Greek root meaning "Light."
- Famous real-life people named Leni
Leni Riefenstahl, German filmmaker
Heidi Klum's elder daughter is named Leni (short for Helene).
Leni Oshie - TJ Oshie's youngest daughter
- Leni in song, story & screen
Leni Loud - The Loud House