Lela Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lela:
Derived from the Arabic leila (night, dark beauty) or the Persian leila (dark-haired). Its use in England began with George Byron's poem "The Giaour" (1813).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lela? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lela
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lela
- Comments and insights on the name Lela
- Personal experiences with the name Lela
- Nicknames for Lela
- Meanings and history of the name Lela
- Famous real-life people named Lela
Lela Rose - Fashion Designer
Lela Rochon - Actress
- Lela in song, story & screen