Katja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katia:
Pet form of Katherine (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katja
- Comments and insights on the name Katja
- Personal experiences with the name Katja
- Nicknames for Katja
- Meanings and history of the name Katja
Meaning of the name Katja
2 syll. ka-tja, kat-ja The girl name Katja is pronounced as KAATYah KEY. Katja's language of origin is Old Greek. Katja is a variation of the English name Katherine. Katja is also a German and Russian pet form of the Russian name Jekaterina.
Can also be pronounced cot-jah.
- Famous real-life people named Katja
- Katja in song, story & screen
Katjaa character from The Walking Dead Game