Katharina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katarina:
A cognate of Katherine (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Katharina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Katharina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Katharina
- Comments and insights on the name Katharina
- Personal experiences with the name Katharina
- Nicknames for Katharina
Kathi, Kathy, Katy, Kathie, Katie, Kath, Kat, Kit-Kat, Katty
- Meanings and history of the name Katharina
A name of Germanic origin that was used by Shakespeare.
It's actually of Greek origin, same as Katherine. This is simply the Germanic/Eastern spelling of the name Katherine.
- Famous real-life people named Katharina
Katharina von Bora (1499-1552) wife of leader of the protestant reformation Martin Luther
Katharina the great. (1729-1796) Russian Tzarina / Imperator.
- Katharina in song, story & screen