Karyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karin:
Variant form of Karen, the Danish form of Katherine, which is derived from the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karyn
- Comments and insights on the name Karyn
- Personal experiences with the name Karyn
- Nicknames for Karyn
- Meanings and history of the name Karyn
"Karyn" also refers to a virgin or being chaste (alternate form of purity), being caring and a ray of light in some Eastern languages.
- Famous real-life people named Karyn
- Karyn in song, story & screen