Karine Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karen:
Danish form of Katherine, a cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karine
- Comments and insights on the name Karine
- Personal experiences with the name Karine
- Nicknames for Karine
KoKo(coo-coo), fireball, Kay-Kay, koo-koo-loo-coo, Kate.
- Meanings and history of the name Karine
Russian and French spelling pronounced (ka-REEN)
- Famous real-life people named Karine
- Karine in song, story & screen