Karin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Karin:
Variant form of Karen, the Danish form of Katherine, which is derived from the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied). Var: Caren, Carin, Karen, Karena, Karrin, Karyn.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karin
- Comments and insights on the name Karin
- Personal experiences with the name Karin
- Nicknames for Karin
Kajsa (Swedish)(More used as its own name given to children than a nickname)
- Meanings and history of the name Karin
- Famous real-life people named Karin
- Karin in song, story & screen