Jovanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Joanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Jovanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Jovanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Jovanna
- Comments and insights on the name Jovanna
- Personal experiences with the name Jovanna
- Nicknames for Jovanna
- Meanings and history of the name Jovanna
- Famous real-life people named Jovanna
- Jovanna in song, story & screen