Josefina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josefina:
A diminutive form of Josefa, a feminine form of Joseph, an Ecclesiastic Late Latin form of the Greek Iōsēph, which is from the Hebrew Yosef, a derivative of yōsēf (may he add, God shall add).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Josefina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Josefina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Josefina
- Comments and insights on the name Josefina
- Personal experiences with the name Josefina
- Nicknames for Josefina
Jose, Chepa, Chepina, Jo, Josie, Pepa, Pina
- Meanings and history of the name Josefina
- Famous real-life people named Josefina
- Josefina in song, story & screen
The American Girls Collection has books about and the doll of Josefina Montoya.