Joline Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Johanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joline? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joline
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joline
- Comments and insights on the name Joline
- Personal experiences with the name Joline
- Nicknames for Joline
- Meanings and history of the name Joline
A Dutch and Scandinavian name created by combining Johanna with the suffix -lina/-line.
Variant of Jolene.
Nickname for Josephine
- Famous real-life people named Joline
- Joline in song, story & screen
Dolly Parton's song 'Jolene'