Gwendoline Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Gwendolyn:
English variant of the Welsh Gwendolen (fair-browed), a compound name composed of the elements gwen, gwyn (white, fair, blessed) and dolen (brows, eyebrows).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Gwendoline? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Gwendoline
Contribute your knowledge to the name Gwendoline
- Comments and insights on the name Gwendoline
- Personal experiences with the name Gwendoline
- Nicknames for Gwendoline
- Meanings and history of the name Gwendoline
A form of Gwendolyn which was more common in England than in the US in the 20th century.
- Famous real-life people named Gwendoline
- Gwendoline in song, story & screen