Evanthia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Evanthia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Evanthia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Evanthia
- Comments and insights on the name Evanthia
- Personal experiences with the name Evanthia
- Nicknames for Evanthia
- Meanings and history of the name Evanthia
Evanthia. Gender: feminine. Origin: Greek.
The name is derived from the Ancient Greek (Euanthe), which is composed of the elements ev meaning “good; fair” and anthos meaning “flower; blossom.”
In Greek mythology, Euanthe is the mother of Charites by Apollo.
- Famous real-life people named Evanthia
Evanthia Reboutsika famous composer and filmographer
- Evanthia in song, story & screen
In English literature, the name appears in one of John Fletcher’s novels A Wife for a Month as well as in Thomas Godfrey’s The Prince of Parthia.