Erika Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Erika:
Feminine form of Erik, which is derived from the Old Norse Eirìkr (eternal ruler), a compounding of the elements ei (ever, always) and ríkr (ruler, king). However, there are some who believe the name comes to the Old Norse via the Germanic ehrei (honor) and the Proto-Germanic rīk (king): hence, "honorable king."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Erika? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Erika
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2014
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain, 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Quebec), 2010
- Portuguese Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Portugal 2012
- Spanish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Spain 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Erika
- Comments and insights on the name Erika
- Personal experiences with the name Erika
- Nicknames for Erika
Eri (air-y), Erki, Rikki, Eurk, Eurka,Eureka
- Meanings and history of the name Erika
- Famous real-life people named Erika
Erika Christensen, actress
Erika Eleniak, actress
Erika Harold, Miss America 2003
- Erika in song, story & screen
Mambo Number 5 By Lou Bega
Erika, the "pauper" in the Barbie movie "The Princess and Pauper"
Erika, the lady love of Tosho Daimos of the popular Japanese anime television series "Daimos"
Erika, Celadon Gym Leader in Pokemon.
Erika Vogel was the human name given the the character Liechtenstein from Hetalia: Axis Powers.