Elara Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elara
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elara
- Comments and insights on the name Elara
- Personal experiences with the name Elara
- Nicknames for Elara
- Meanings and history of the name Elara
Elara is a rare French name, the feminine form of Alar, the name of a Breton (Brittany) saint. St. Alar is Patron Saint of goldsmiths, blacksmiths, protector of horses; his feast day is December 1.
Elara is a name from Greek mythology and the name of one of the moons of Jupiter.
- Famous real-life people named Elara
Elara Kerwin and her twin Rhea played baby Summer on The Young and The Restless
- Elara in song, story & screen
Elara Merandus in the book series Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard