Edythe Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edythe? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edythe
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edythe
- Comments and insights on the name Edythe
- Personal experiences with the name Edythe
- Nicknames for Edythe
- Meanings and history of the name Edythe
Variant off Edith.
- Famous real-life people named Edythe
Edythe Wright, American singer best known for her work with Tommy Dorsey.
- Edythe in song, story & screen
Edythe Cullen of Stephenie Meyers Twilight reimagined "Life and Death"