Devin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Devin:
Borrowed from the Irish, Devin is derived from the Gaelic dámh (a poet). Var: Devan, Deven, Devon, Devyn.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Devin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Devin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Devin
- Comments and insights on the name Devin
- Personal experiences with the name Devin
- Nicknames for Devin
Dev, Devi, Dee, Deedee, Day, Dayday, Dahda
- Meanings and history of the name Devin
- Famous real-life people named Devin
- Devin in song, story & screen
Rock band Disturbed wrote a song called "Inside the Fire" that sings of a girl named "Devin".
Pop singer Dev's real name is 'Devin'. She is most famous for her song 'In the Dark' and for the female vocals in Far East Movement's 'Like a G6'