Catrina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katrina:
Derived from the Dutch and German Katrine, a variant form of Katherine (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catrina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catrina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catrina
- Comments and insights on the name Catrina
- Personal experiences with the name Catrina
- Nicknames for Catrina
Catie, Cate, Cat, Trina
- Meanings and history of the name Catrina
Catrina is a variation of Catherine; it is also the simplified spelling of the Scottish name Catriona, another variant of Catherine. Catherine is the French form of Katherine, which has been associated from an early date with the Greek adjective 'katharos' meaning 'pure'.
- Famous real-life people named Catrina
- Catrina in song, story & screen