Aysha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Aisha:
Derived from the Arabic 'Āisha (alive and well), which is from 'āsha (to live). The name is borne by the Prophet Muhammad's third and favorite wife.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aysha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aysha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aysha
- Comments and insights on the name Aysha
- Personal experiences with the name Aysha
- Nicknames for Aysha
- Meanings and history of the name Aysha
Arabic name meaning "alive"
Arabic variant transcription as well as Chechen form of Aisha.
- Famous real-life people named Aysha
- Aysha in song, story & screen