Avaline Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Avaline? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Avaline
Contribute your knowledge to the name Avaline
- Comments and insights on the name Avaline
- Personal experiences with the name Avaline
- Nicknames for Avaline
Avie, Avy, Ava
- Meanings and history of the name Avaline
From the Norman French form of the Germanic name Avelina, a diminutive of Avila. This name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. After the Middle Ages it became rare as an English name, though it persisted in America until the 19th century. --Behind the Name
From Evelyn, meaning "breath of life". Can be pronounced like Evelyn, but with using "Ava" at the beginning.
- Famous real-life people named Avaline
- Avaline in song, story & screen
Avaline Severin is a character in the webcomic Muted