Amie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amy:
Derived from the Middle English Amye, which is from the Old French Aimee (beloved), a name derived from the verb aimer (to love).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Amie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Amie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Amie
- Comments and insights on the name Amie
- Personal experiences with the name Amie
- Nicknames for Amie
Aimes, am es, aim, maimz, Aimer, Aimer-Baimer, Aminata (West Africa)Mamie, mamie two shoes, Amis
- Meanings and history of the name Amie
- Famous real-life people named Amie
- Amie in song, story & screen
Amie by Pure Prarie League
amie by damien rice