Ami Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Amy:
Derived from the Middle English Amye, which is from the Old French Aimee (beloved), a name derived from the verb aimer (to love).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ami? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ami
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ami
- Comments and insights on the name Ami
- Personal experiences with the name Ami
- Nicknames for Ami
A, Mimi, Amy, Aimee, MeeMee, MeMe, Amers, Ames, Amey, Amie
- Meanings and history of the name Ami
Ami: Alternative spelling of the name Amy: French origin: means "beloved" or "friend"
- Famous real-life people named Ami
- Ami in song, story & screen