Alicja Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alice:
A name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alicja? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alicja
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alicja
- Comments and insights on the name Alicja
- Personal experiences with the name Alicja
- Nicknames for Alicja
- Meanings and history of the name Alicja
Polish form of ALICE
- Famous real-life people named Alicja
- Alicja in song, story & screen