Alessandra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alessandra:
Derived from the Greek Alexandros, a male compound name composed of the elements alexein (to defend, to help) and andros (man).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Alessandra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Alessandra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Alessandra
- Comments and insights on the name Alessandra
- Personal experiences with the name Alessandra
- Nicknames for Alessandra
- Meanings and history of the name Alessandra
italian form of Alexandra
Feminine form of Italian Alessandro, meaning "defender of mankind"
Italian form of ALEXANDRA
- Famous real-life people named Alessandra
Alessandra Ambrosio, brasilian model
- Alessandra in song, story & screen