Aleesha Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alicia:
Variant of Alice, a name that has evolved through a series of variants of the Germanic Adalheidis, a compound name composed of the elements adal (noble, nobility) and heid (kind, sort): hence, "noble one." Adalheidis was contracted to Adalheid, which the French changed to Adelaide, then contracted to Adaliz, and contracted yet again to Aaliz, Alia, and Alix. The English then changed the spelling to Aeleis, Alys, and eventually to Alice.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Aleesha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Aleesha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Aleesha
- Comments and insights on the name Aleesha
- Personal experiences with the name Aleesha
- Nicknames for Aleesha
- Meanings and history of the name Aleesha
Variant of ALICIA
- Famous real-life people named Aleesha
- Aleesha in song, story & screen