Adah Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ada:
Pet form of Adele (noble) and Adelaide (noble one), Ada is also a Germanic cognate of the biblical Adah (adornment) and an Ibo name meaning "first-born female."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Adah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Adah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Adah
- Comments and insights on the name Adah
- Personal experiences with the name Adah
- Nicknames for Adah
My son sometimes calls his sister "Ade", as in lemonade.
- Meanings and history of the name Adah
Second female named in The Bible.
Name of two minor characters in the bible, one was the wife of Esau.
- Famous real-life people named Adah
- Adah in song, story & screen
Adah Price, a character from the book "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver.