Zakary Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zachary:
English cognate of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin and Ecclesiastic Greek Zacharias (remembrance of the Lord), which is from the Hebrew Zecharya, a derivative of zĕcharyah (God remembers, memory).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zakary? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zakary
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zakary
- Comments and insights on the name Zakary
- Personal experiences with the name Zakary
- Nicknames for Zakary
- Meanings and history of the name Zakary
- Famous real-life people named Zakary
- Zakary in song, story & screen
"Zak and Sara", a song by Ben Folds