Sinclair Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sinclair? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sinclair
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sinclair
- Comments and insights on the name Sinclair
- Personal experiences with the name Sinclair
- Nicknames for Sinclair
- Meanings and history of the name Sinclair
A contracted form of Saint Clair. Compare to St. John, pronounced "sinjin."
From Scottish decent it has the meaning of bright and clear.
- Famous real-life people named Sinclair
Sinclair Lewis; famous American writer; first American to win the Nobel Prize in Literature (1930)
Upton Sinclair, Pulitzer Prize-winning American writer.
Harry Ford Sinclair, American oil industrialist who founded Sinclair Oil and was implicated in the Teapot Dome scandal.
Sinclair Ross, Canadian author.
Titanic Sinclair, musician and YouTuber.
- Sinclair in song, story & screen