Shmuel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samuel:
The Ecclesiastic Late Latin form of the Ecclesiastic Greek Samouel, which is from the Hebrew Shmuel, a name derived from shěmū’ē‘l (name of God, his name is God). Var: Sam. Pet: Sammy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shmuel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shmuel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shmuel
- Comments and insights on the name Shmuel
- Personal experiences with the name Shmuel
- Nicknames for Shmuel
- Meanings and history of the name Shmuel
From the Hebrew "Shma-Kel" G0d Heard. Shmuel was the son of Chana (Hannah) - G0d heard her prayers. He was the prophet who annointed king Saul and King David.
- Famous real-life people named Shmuel
- Shmuel in song, story & screen