Seneca Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Seneca? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Seneca
Contribute your knowledge to the name Seneca
- Comments and insights on the name Seneca
- Personal experiences with the name Seneca
- Nicknames for Seneca
- Meanings and history of the name Seneca
The Seneca Indians were part of the Iroquois five nations, and were known as the "keepers of the western wall". It is also the name of a Roman philosopher. In Latin, Seneca means "old."
The Seneca name is Onöndowága, meaning "People of the Great Hill."
- Famous real-life people named Seneca
The Roman Philosopher, actually there were two. Seneca the elder and Seneca the younger. The younger Seneca was tutor to Nero.
- Seneca in song, story & screen
Seneca Crane from "The Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins