Ruka Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Luke:
The Middle English and Anglo-French form of Lucas. The name is borne in the Bible by one of the four evangelists, the author of the third Gospel, Luke, and the Acts of the Apostles. Lucas is an Ecclesiastic Late Latin name thought to be a derivative of Lucius, which is from the root lux (light). Alternatively, some believe the name is derived from the Ecclesiastic Greek Loukas, a contraction of Loukanos (man from Lucania).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Ruka
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruka
- Comments and insights on the name Ruka
- Personal experiences with the name Ruka
- Nicknames for Ruka
- Meanings and history of the name Ruka
It is a Maori name. It means Luke. It also seems to mean "hand" in bulgarian
- Famous real-life people named Ruka
- Ruka in song, story & screen