Philipp Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Philip:
Derived from the Latin Philippus, which is from the Greek Philippos (lover of horses). The name is composed of the elements philos (loving) and hippos (horse). Var: Philipp, Phillip, Phillipp.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Philipp? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Philipp
Contribute your knowledge to the name Philipp
- Comments and insights on the name Philipp
- Personal experiences with the name Philipp
- Nicknames for Philipp
- Meanings and history of the name Philipp
German form of Philipp.
- Famous real-life people named Philipp
Philipp Lahm, German footballer.
Philipp Kohlschreiber, German professional tennis player.
Philipp Degen, Swiss footballer.
Philipp von Boeselager, German member of the 20 July plot (attempted assassination of Hitler.)
Philipp Plein, German fashion designer.
- Philipp in song, story & screen