Otto Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Otto:
From the Old High German Otho and Odo, which are derived from auda (rich). The name was borne by Otto I (912 - 73), a king of Germany and emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. The older form of Odo is also bestowed, but it is much less common.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Otto? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Otto
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden 2014
- Finnish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Finland 2014
- Finnish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Finland, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden for 2012
- Finnish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Finland for 2012
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
Contribute your knowledge to the name Otto
- Comments and insights on the name Otto
- Personal experiences with the name Otto
- Nicknames for Otto
Ottomatic, Ottico, Ottomobile, Ott
- Meanings and history of the name Otto
- Famous real-life people named Otto
Otto Wood, drummer for pop punk band Waterparks
Otto Frank, father of Anne Frank.
Otto Preminger, Austrian-born film director.
Otto Klemperer, one of the leading conductors of the 20th Century
Otto von Bismarck, a statesman of moderation and balance who kept the peace in Europe
- Otto in song, story & screen
Oswald "Otto" Rocket is the central character on "Rocket Power," a show that aired on Nickelodeon Aug. 16,1999.
Otto Bagman, character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Otto Mann is the name of the bus driver on the TV series "The Simpsons."
Otto is the fish in the children's book "A Fish Out of Water" by P.D. Eastman
'Big' Otto Delaney is the name of the show creator Kurt Sutter's character in Sons of Anarchy
Otto Schmidlap in the TV show "The Life of Riley"