Milo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Milo:
Of Germanic origin, Milo is of uncertain derivation. It might be derived from the German mild (mild, peaceful, calm), which is from the Old German root milan (to mill, beat, crush, or rub until fine or tender). Alternatively, it might be from the Old Slavonic root milu (merciful).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Milo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Milo
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden 2014
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders) 2014
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden, 2010
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden for 2012
- Belgian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Belgium (Flanders) for 2012
- French Boys Names: Most Popular Boys Names in France
- Swedish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Sweden
Contribute your knowledge to the name Milo
- Comments and insights on the name Milo
- Personal experiences with the name Milo
- Nicknames for Milo
- Meanings and history of the name Milo
Germanic and Latin form of "Miles"
Meanings vary from "merciful soldier" to "mild, peaceful, or calm"
- Famous real-life people named Milo
Titus Annius Milo- Ancient Roman politician and gangster
Milo of Croton - Ancient Greek athlete
Milo Aukerman - American musician & biochemist
Milo Ventimiglia - American actor
Milo Đukanović - Montenegrin Prime Minister & President
Son of Ricki Lake
Son of Liv Tyler
Son of Francisco Lachowski
Milo Thomas Bugliari (b. 2011), son of American actress, activist, producer, and former singer Alyssa Milano
- Milo in song, story & screen
Milo is a main character in Jack Kerouac's play The Beat Generation
Milo is the central character in the book "The Phantom Tollbooth."
Milo the cat is one of the title characters in the film "Milo and Otis."
Lieutenant Milo Minderbinder is a central character in Joseph Heller's "Catch 22."
Milo Rambaldi is a character in the television series "Alias."
Professor Milo is one of Batman's enemies in the DC Comic universe.
Milo Pressman is a minor character in the television series "24."
Milo Pressman is also the name of the junk man in Stephen King's "The Body", made into a movie called "Stand By Me"
Milo James Thatch is the central character in the Disney movies "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" and "Atlantis: Milo's Return".
Milo Murphy is the title character in the tv series "Milo Murphy's Law".
Milo is the main character in the 2011 film "Mars Needs Moms".
Milo is a character in the BBC's Cbeebies children's television programme, "The Tweenies."
Milo Bloom is a central character in Berkeley Breathed's comic strip "Bloom County."
Milo Kamalani, a character from the '90s cartoon "Pepper Ann"