Melchior Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melchior? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melchior
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melchior
- Comments and insights on the name Melchior
- Personal experiences with the name Melchior
- Nicknames for Melchior
- Meanings and history of the name Melchior
One of the names traditionally assigned to the unnamed "Magi from the East" who visit the infant Jesus in the Gospel according to Matthew.
Of Farsi/Persian origin and means "king city."
Pronounced: MEL-kee-or or MEL-kahwr
- Famous real-life people named Melchior
Melchior Franck, German Baroque composer.
- Melchior in song, story & screen
Melchior, character in Tom Stoppard's play "On the Razzle."
Melchior Gabor in the Tony Winning musical, Spring Awakening
The name of one of the 3 wise men who visited the babby Jesus after his birth