Makaio Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Matthew:
A derivative of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Matthaeus and the Ecclesiastic Greek Matthaios and Matthias, contractions of Mattathias. The name has its root in the Hebrew Matityah, which is derived from mattīthyāh (gift of God).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Makaio? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Makaio
Contribute your knowledge to the name Makaio
- Comments and insights on the name Makaio
- Personal experiences with the name Makaio
- Nicknames for Makaio
Kai, Kaio, Mak
- Meanings and history of the name Makaio
Hawaiian form of Matthew
- Famous real-life people named Makaio
- Makaio in song, story & screen