Maarten Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Martin:
From the Latin Martinus (of Mars, war-like), a derivative of Mars, the name of the Roman mythological god of war. The name was borne by St. Martin of Tours (c. 315 – 397). He is mainly remembered for splitting his cloak in two and giving half to a beggar.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maarten? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maarten
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maarten
- Comments and insights on the name Maarten
- Personal experiences with the name Maarten
- Nicknames for Maarten
- Meanings and history of the name Maarten
Latin, meaning "Don't Deceive".
Could be related to the name Martin.
- Famous real-life people named Maarten
- Maarten in song, story & screen