Lucus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Lucas:
An Ecclesiastic Late Latin name thought to be a derivative of Lucius, which is from the root lux (light). Alternatively, some believe the name is derived from the Ecclesiastic Greek Loukas, a contraction of Loukanos (man from Lucania).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Lucus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Lucus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Lucus
- Comments and insights on the name Lucus
- Personal experiences with the name Lucus
- Nicknames for Lucus
- Meanings and history of the name Lucus
As a name, Lucus is an obscure variant of Lucas or Lucius. In Latin, it is a separate word meaning "sacred grove."
- Famous real-life people named Lucus
- Lucus in song, story & screen