Love Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Louis:
Derived from the Old French Loeis, which is from the Old High German Hluodowig (famous in war), a compound name composed from the elements hluod (famous) and wīg (war, strife). Var: Lewis, Luis.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Love? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Love
Contribute your knowledge to the name Love
- Comments and insights on the name Love
- Personal experiences with the name Love
- Nicknames for Love
- Meanings and history of the name Love
Swedish form of Louis.
- Famous real-life people named Love
- Love in song, story & screen