Leeland Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Leland:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English elements lēah (wood, clearing, meadow) or læge (fallow) and land (land, area). The name was indicative of one who lived near a clearing or piece of fallow land.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Leeland? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Leeland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Leeland
- Comments and insights on the name Leeland
- Personal experiences with the name Leeland
- Nicknames for Leeland
- Meanings and history of the name Leeland
- Famous real-life people named Leeland
- Leeland in song, story & screen