Kyrus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cyrus:
Derived from the Greek Kyros, which might be derived from kyrios (lord). Alternatively, Kyros is used as a cognate of the Hebrew Koreish, a derivative of the Persian Kureish, which is from the ancient Kuru, a name believed to be from the Persian Khur (a name for the sun).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyrus? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyrus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyrus
- Comments and insights on the name Kyrus
- Personal experiences with the name Kyrus
- Nicknames for Kyrus
- Meanings and history of the name Kyrus
- Famous real-life people named Kyrus
Kyrus the Great was king of the Persian Empire from 559-529 BC.
- Kyrus in song, story & screen