Kiel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kyle:
Transferred use of the surname originating from the region of the same name in southwestern Scotland. Kyle, a topographical term referring to a narrow, straight, channel, is derived from the Gaelic caol (narrow, a sound, a strait).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kiel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kiel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kiel
- Comments and insights on the name Kiel
- Personal experiences with the name Kiel
- Nicknames for Kiel
- Meanings and history of the name Kiel
Possibly derived from the German word Kiel, meaning "keelboat."
Alternate Meaning: "travler"
- Famous real-life people named Kiel
- Kiel in song, story & screen