Kale Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cale:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Gaelic caol (thin, slender). Var: Cayl, Kail, Kale.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kale? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kale
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kale
- Comments and insights on the name Kale
- Personal experiences with the name Kale
- Nicknames for Kale
- Meanings and history of the name Kale
Hawaiian for "strong and manly" (www.thinkbabynames.com). In Hawaiian, however, the pronunciation is kah-LEI.
A nutritious leafy green vegetable which is a form of cabbage.
- Famous real-life people named Kale
Kale Stephens: professional snowboarder
Kale Clague: professional junior hockey player (Moose Jaw Warriors)
- Kale in song, story & screen
Kale Brecht: Disturbia, played by Shia LaBeouf